Monday 13 October 2014

Dull is the New Nude

Enough of W.I. Women throwing off their kit and appearing in charity calendars. The new nude is dull.

The Dull Men's Club has launched it's 2015 calendar and Cumbrian Archie Workman is Mr March. Clearly this is something of which to be proud. The Dull Men's Club is world-renowned for its deep interest in topics such as roundabouts, park benches and luggage carousels. Their website is well-worth a visit. Indeed, a correspondent who shall remain nameless (Steve Barber) emailed me to say that, worryingly, he found it quite interesting.

The announcement gave me the ideal topic for this week's Westmorland Gazette editorial cartoon. Below are five ideas I submitted to my steamed editor. Which would you have chosen? 

Don't be dull - make your vote in the comments section below. Then rush excitedly to my website and see if your choice matched the editor's.






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Not 1, not 2 but 5 new cartoons inspired by this story. All very funny and have brightened my afternoon. It certainly fired your creativity lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For enthusiasts, more on Dull Men activities and World Boring Day, can be found here - http://www.neurope.eu/article/medium-tedium

    ReplyDelete